- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Smart parking to ease traffic in central city
The BBMP Mayor, Goutham Kumar said that keeping the increasing traffic on the city's roads in mind, the smart parking system is being implemented on 85 selected roads this month.
Bengaluru: The BBMP Mayor, Goutham Kumar said that keeping the increasing traffic on the city's roads in mind, the smart parking system is being implemented on 85 selected roads this month.
"Smart parking has already been implemented on Kasturba road and will be implemented on Vittal Mallya Hospital Road, St Marks Road, Museum Road and Church Street, "the mayor said.
Digital fee-paying parking has been installed and CCTV cameras have been installed for vehicle safety.
The sensor is installed in the parking lot, and the digital indicator will determine the number of vehicles which are parked.
Vehicles will be charged for parking and automated machinery is available for parking fees and receipts. Commuters can the fees through credit and debit cards.
Bus Separate Path is also being constructed to give importance to public transport. This will be implemented public on 12 of the most traffic-heavy roads in the city. Of these, a 17 km stretch of road from Lowry Junction to Central Silk Board will cost Rs 15 crore.
Last year, as part of the pilot run of the smart parking project was launched on Kasturba Road.
The smart parking system, an initiative of the BBMP, is a Public Private Model which is to be implemented across the Central Business District.
However, the move has not gone down well with the urban mobility experts. "The road should be used for vehicular movement and not for parking," said traffic expert Prof. M.N. Srihari said.