- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
Bengaluru: Building develops cracks, residents evacuated
A three-storey building in Pornachandra Layout in the Nagarbhavi area developed cracks and tilted on Tuesday, after a heavy rain lashed the city for the past three days.
Bengaluru: A three-storey building in Pornachandra Layout in the Nagarbhavi area developed cracks and tilted on Tuesday, after a heavy rain lashed the city for the past three days.
BBMP officials evacuated the residents from the building which is said to be just six years old.
Speaking to media persons, a BBMP official said, "We can see that the building has been constructed on a storm water drain. No engineer will approve a plan for construction on the storm water drain.
It is quite obvious that the building did not have permission from the authorities."
The BBMP will order a structural audit of the building and notice will be issued to the owner.
On September 28, a dilapidated 3-storey staff quarter of Bangalore Milk Union Limited collapsed near Dairy Circle. Not long after this incident, another building collapsed in the Lakksandra area.