- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Bengaluru: Wife finds husband's profile on gay app, files divorce plea
A 28-year-old techie has sought divorce from her husband after discovering his profiles on gay dating apps in Bengaluru. She has also lodged a complaint with woman's helpline and the Basavanagudi police are also looking into the issue
Bengaluru: A 28-year-old techie has sought divorce from her husband after discovering his profiles on gay dating apps in Bengaluru. She has also lodged a complaint with woman's helpline and the Basavanagudi police are also looking into the issue.
Though counselling sessions were held for the couple, the lady has decided to file divorce petition in the court, the sources said on Monday.
The woman, working for a software firm, got married to a 31-year-old man in June 2018. It was the second marriage for her husband. She has alleged that, her husband hid the information about his sexual orientation and cheated on her. She also explained, their marriage was never consummated, according to police.
The marriage was arranged by elders and the man worked for a reputed bank. After the couple started living together, the man maintained distance from his wife. Whenever questioned, he said that his first wife cheated on him and he is yet to recover from the shock. Later, he started yelling at her for not bringing enough money in dowry when he ran short of excuses. He also started throwing silly accusations at her. During the first lockdown, she observed her husband was always chatting on mobile phone. His behaviour became weirder during the lockdown.
During the second lockdown, she started checking his phone after growing more suspicious about him. She discovered that her husband has put up his profile on gay dating apps and was chatting with multiple partners.
Once the lockdown restrictions were lifted, she lodged a complaint with the woman's helpline against her husband. Though, he refused to accept his sexual orientation in the initial stages, the husband agreed that he put his profile on dating apps.