- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
- World Birth Defects Day 2024: Date, history, significance and tips to prevent birth defects
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
Power cuts in several Bengaluru city areas today
Power cuts in Bengaluru: Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) on Friday announced that there will be power cuts in Koramangala from 10 am to 5.30 pm on Saturday.
Bengaluru: Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) on Friday announced that there will be power cuts in Koramangala from 10 am to 5.30 pm on Saturday. The outage will be due to maintenance work.
According to the statement released by BESCOM, power outage is necessitated due to line clearance and connection project work in the Koramangala GIS and Koramangala substation.
The areas that will be affected are: NGV Kapila Block, Ganga Road, Yamuna Road, Cauvery Road, Sharavathi Road, Judicial Block, Tungabhadra Road, NGV Club, Ghataprabha, Parts of Godavari Road, Mantri Habitat Commercial Complex, BWSSB Sewage plant, 6th Block Koramangala, LR Nagar, Rajendra Nagar, Ambedkar Nagar Raheja Residency and first block of Jakkasandra and surrounding areas.
The work is being undertaken across BESCOM limits which has been witnessing frequent power cuts of late. The work on shifting all overhead lines underground is going on and this will also be a part of the capacity enhancement exercise. There is no dearth of power. "Apart from this Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation is also undertaking maintenance work, due to which there are power cuts" BESCOM official claimed.