- Congress has bloody relationship with Telangana, charges Kishan Reddy
- Vizianagaram: 8 convicted within 60 days in POCSO cases
- Voluntary organisations to provide free transport to voters
- YSRCP govt looting natural resources: BJP
- Srikakulam: Jyotirao Phule’s fight for BC cause lauded
- Visakhapatnam: Divyangs to receive aids, assisting devices
- Visakhapatnam: Officials gear up for a hassle-free Navy Day fete
- Hyderabad: Many in city don’t get voter slips
- Visakhapatnam: Officials find stale meat served in many eateries
- EC warns action against companies not declaring holiday
Commuters irked over street vendors encroaching footpaths
An open field and a footpath have been encroached by the street vendors, much to the discomfiture of commuters and vehicles.
Kompally: An open field and a footpath have been encroached by the street vendors, much to the discomfiture of commuters and vehicles.
The shopkeepers in every nook and corner of the city display most of their merchandise on the front portion of the shops occupying the footpath. Neither the police nor officials, take cognizance of such illegal practices.
Speaking to The Hans India here on Monday, S Chandrasekhar, a commuter, said "The road stretch between Lal Bazar to Kompally road via the Military Dairy Farm road is having several road side stalls, causing jams and creating problems. The vendors sit without any license, which has become harmful to vendors and the vehicles."
C Priya, an commuter, said " These senseless shopkeepers and vendors choke the movement of traffic, causing inconvenience to the common people. They do not know the rules and just place their pushcarts on the roads which disturbs them , pedestrians and vehicles. The concerned individuals should take action against the vendors or a lot space for them.''