- SC orders TN govt to properly train police officers on collection of digital evidence
- Calcutta HC allows central fact-finding team, LoP to visit Sandeshkhali
- India makes strong pitch for restoration of Appellate Body at WTO
- Homegrown Addverb unveils India's 1st assistive dog robot
- China agrees to rollover Pakistan’s $2 bn debt on existing terms
- Men can be victims of sexual assault too, observes Kerala High Court
- FM Sitharaman to launch Electronic Data Interchange facility for Customs stations in NE states
- DY Patil T20 Cup: Shikhar Dhawan and Dinesh Karthik's comebacks go in vain as DY Patil Blue lose by one run
- Six personalities named for Akademi Ratna, 92 for Sangeet Natak Akademi awards
- Thousands of devotees take part in 'Palkhi Yatra' at BAPS UAE temple
Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar holds meet ahead of Bakrid
Warns against usurping of law by anybody
Hyderabad: Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar on Monday held a coordination meeting with the Muslim community ahead of Bakrid. He spoke at length on arrangements being taken by the police to ensure that the festival is celebrated with its real fervour.
Addressing the meeting, he stated that "We as Hyderabadis are known for our Ganga-Jamuni Tehzeeb. It is a great honor for all of us to live in such a State where every religion and every festival is equally respected and loved."
"Only police officers are given the right to protect and arrest. As per the Constitution, nobody else is supposed to take the law into their hands. If anyone is taking law into their hands because they feel something is going wrong, then they should approach the police and file a complaint. Instead, if such persons are involved in usurping the law, then we will take strict action against such persons," warned Kumar.
The meeting was attended by officers of police and GHMC, besides the community elders, along with AIMIM leaders.