- WTC Final: Steve Smith equals Joe Root's record of most Test centuries against India
- Long Covid can impact fatigue, quality of life worse than some cancers: Study
- Delhi court dismisses bizman Arun Pillai's bail plea in excise policy case
- Tata Power Renewable Energy subsidiary receives Letter of Award to set up 966MW Round-the-clock (RTC) Hybrid Renewable Power Project for Tata Steel
- Motion Poster Revealed!
- Mahindra launches its first Dual-Fuel small commercial vehicle, the new Supro CNG Duo; Price starts at ₹6.32 lakh
- MHA sanctions Rs 101.75 cr relief package for people displaced in Manipur violence
- 'India, Serbia have huge potential for trade & investment': President Murmu
- Air India flight to San Francisco: Airline to refund ticket fare to all 216 passengers
- New Medical Colleges for AP Telangana
Hyderabad: Uttam Kumar Reddy demands new building for Osmania General Hospital
The TPCC chief asks to construct new building in the Osmania General Hospital premises without disturbing the old heritage building
Hyderabad: Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) president and Nalgonda MP N Uttam Kumar Reddy on Tuesday demanded the State government to construct a new building for Osmania General Hospital in the vacant seven acres land in OGH premises immediately, without disturbing the old heritage building.
In a media statement, he said that the government should give a grant of Rs 1000 crore for the new OGH building and it should be developed into multi super specialty hospital with all the modern medical facilities. He said that Osmania hospital's name was not mentioned in the three new multi super specialty hospitals being proposed in the State by the government.
Uttam said that he has visited Osmania General Hospital in July last year along with former MP V Hanumantha Rao and Nampally Assembly Constituency in-charge Feroze Khan and examined the issues being faced by the patients and facilities available in the hospital. The police have filed a criminal case on them, Uttam said.
The TPCC chief said that Osmania was a popular hospital in the country and poor people are provided with good treatment in it. Reddy said that if the hospital is developed into multi super specialty hospital poor people would get much better treatment. Uttam pointed out that the Chief Minister did not visit old city of Hyderabad at least once in the past seven years. He said that they have been demanding new modern building for Osmania since few years.