- Byju's NCLT hearing: Investors allege over $500 mn diversion to hedge fund in US
- AirAsia looks to add Tier 2/3 cities to its India route map
- SAI centres to induct 200 para-sports athletes in 2024-25, says Minister Anurag Singh Thakur
- 'Diamond to Gold': Sachin Jain to be World Gold Council's India head
- Congress has lost majority in House: HP LoP
- CleverTap partners Zoomcar to drive customer engagement on their app
- Google Unveils Genie: An AI Platform for Generating Video Games
- Ministry of Defence rejects 15 scripts centered around the Pulwama attack before ‘Operation Valentine’
- Indian startup ecosystem on par with global standards
- Govt schemes helping startups born with Indian capital: Sanjeev Bikhchandani
Insurance fraud: Court convicts 2, imposes fine
A local court here on Tuesday sentenced two persons to undergo rigorous imprisonment of three years for cheating an insurance company and imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 and Rs 10,000 on the accused.
LB Nagar: A local court here on Tuesday sentenced two persons to undergo rigorous imprisonment of three years for cheating an insurance company and imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 and Rs 10,000 on the accused.
According to the police, the accused, B Ravi Kumar and Pakala Yakanna, cheated an insurance company by submitting fake medical bills in 2014 and availed the benefits to the tune of Rs 36,000. However, the issue came to light when the manager of the insurance company found discrepancies in the account.
Internal investigation conducted by the insurance company revealed that the claims submitted by the accused were fake. The accused were arrested based on a complaint by the manager. Later, the duo were out on bail.