- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Khairatabad: Heavy police deployment averts clash
Two groups bid to hold meet on senior Telangana IPS officer's oath-taking controversy
Khairatabad: Heavy police force was deployed at Somajiguda Press Club after two groups held meetings on Thursday.
Following the recent controversy over Telangana Social Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society (TSWREIS) secretary RS Praveen Kumar's oath-taking issue, two groups attempted to organise meetings at the press club.
While members of the National SC Reservation 'Parirakshana' Samithi condemned Praveen Kumar's act by holding a meeting, the Telangana BC, SC, ST, Minority and Women Employees' Association's JAC gathered to extend their support to him and were asked to hold their nerves.
There was a chance of a clash between two groups, but the police brought the situation under control and asked members of the JAC to come later, as their gathering was scheduled after the Samithi meeting.
Members of the samithi demanded the government to immediately dismiss Praveen Kumar. They burnt his effigy at Tank Bund alleging that he was seen taking a pledge at a meeting in which gods and goddesses of Hindu religions were insulted.
The senior IPS officer had landed in controversy after a video of him taking an oath went viral on the internet.