- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
- About 20-odd Indians stuck in Russia, efforts on for their early release: MEA
- We implemented guarantees with development programmes, says Siddaramaiah
- March 2024: Embracing a Spectrum of Festivals, from Holi to Maha Shivratri
- World Compliment Day 2024: Why do we celebrate this day?
- World Civil Defence Day 2024: Date, history and significance
- Critically acclaimed film ‘Sagu’ takes center stage with Niharika Konidela’s endorsement
2.5 Lakh to get house sites in Chittoor
YSR free house site pattas distribution programme was started in a grand manner across the Chittoor district on Friday
Tirupati: YSR free house site pattas distribution programme was started in a grand manner across the Chittoor district on Friday. On the auspicious days of Vikunta Ekadasi and Christmas, the district authorities and MLAs of respective constituencies have participated in the free house site pattas distribution programme.
In GD Nellore, Deputy Minister K Narayana Swamy launched the programme in a newly formed housing layout. Speaking on the occasion, Narayana Swamy said that the government will arrange free sand for houses construction also. He told all the required materials for house constructions will be supplied by the state government on subsidy rates.
He stated that if any eligible poor name found missing in the beneficiaries list, they can apply freshly for getting house site patta. He also directed the officials concerned to give house sites to all the eligible poor. With this Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy had fulfilled his assurance given by him during padayatra, the Dy CM added.
.Across the district, in total 2.5 lakh poor people will be benefited under the scheme. Also, the officials sanctioned 10,237 Tidco houses for eligible poor. The officials also issued possession certificates to 94,128 beneficiaries under the scheme. The officials also provided all required amenities at these housing colonies.
District Collector Dr N Bharat Gupta informed the media that around 3,760 acres of land was procured in the district to form housing layouts under the house sites distribution scheme. After the land acquisition, the officials formed 1,267 housing layouts in 14 Assembly constituencies in the district.
Tirupati MLA Bhumana Karunakar Reddy has started pattas distribution as a weeklong festival. On Friday, MLA Bhumana and Commissioner P S Girisha distributed pattas to eligible poor women from 45 to 50 wards in the city.
In addition, the officials made all arrangements to distribute pattas by the Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy on December 28 at Chindepalli of Srikalahasti constituency in the district.
In this connection, Collector N Bharat Gupta and Minister P Ramchandra Reddy reviewed twice with officials over Chief Minister's meeting arrangements where the officials prepared layouts for 6,000 house sites for distribution.