- Purandeswari urges govt. to support farmers who lost crops due to Cyclone Michaung
- Users lose audio from their old Instagram videos
- Swiggy appoints Anand Kripalu as Independent Director, Chairperson of Board
- Sr Adv Dushyant Dave pens open letter to CJI over listing of cases in SC
- Tesla’s self-driving tech not safe for public roads: Ex-employee
- Two J&K Bills brought to give justice to those deprived of rights for last 70 yrs: Shah
- Fatty foods can dent body's ability to fight stress: Study
- PL Sector Report: Metals & Mining - Weekly Update – Domestic steel prices inched up a bit
- Embracing Technology in Learning and Development: How to Use Technology to Enhance the Learning Experience
- Mental Health Issues in Older Adults with Epilepsy
Tiruchanur railway station upgraded as crossing station
- The SCR move aims to ease out the congestion at Tirupati station
- The development works are sanctioned in 2016-17 with Rs 33 cr
- Infrastructure facilities have been developed for facilitating smooth operation of train services and non-interlocking works to be completed in eight days without major disruption to train services
Tirupati: To ease out the congestion at the famous pilgrimage destination Tirupati railway station, South Central Railway (SCR) has been developing Tiruchanur station with Rs 33 crores. Though much delay has taken place in executing the works for various reasons, now the infrastructural facilities were provided as part of the upgradation from class C station (halt station) to class B as crossing station.
The works were sanctioned in 2016-17 to develop it as a new crossing station to decongest the ever-increasing pilgrim rush in Tirupati station. The rush has increased manifold during the last 10 years and going by the trend the footfalls in the coming years will reach new levels. With this, the railways have focussed on developing Tiruchanur and Tirupati west station which are at the either side of Tirupati main station.
However, though the development of Tirupati west could not go on tracks, upgradation of Tiruchanur station has been completed and commissioned for train operations from Saturday itself. Till now, the station was not having any provision for providing crossing facilities in train operations nor having full-fledged passenger amenities. Now, infrastructure facilities have been developed for facilitating smooth operation of train services and non-interlocking works are completed in eight days without major disruption to train services. Till now, two more line have been constructed with which now there would be two main and two loop lines.
A new panel has been set up with 48 signal routes. Also, 19 points and crossings have been created with due connecting facility to the proposed third line between Tirupati and Tiruchanur, said the SCR CPRO Ch Rakesh. He added in the next stage along with enhancing the operational infrastructure facilities, provision of upgraded passenger amenities for the comfort of passengers are under progress.
These include cover over platform, two underpass ways to connect platforms 1, 2 and 3. "Development of Tiruchanur station as B class station will boost the handling of train operations in the vital section between Renigunta and Tirupati stations which will also help in improving the punctuality of train services," he maintained. SCR GM Gajanan Mallya complimented the officials of Guntakal division and construction organisation for successful completion of the works.