- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Tirumala: Bhoga Srinivasa Murthy Avatarotsavam held
Special Sahasra Kalasabhishekam performed at Tirumala temple
Tirumala: The annual Special Sahasra Kalasabhishekam marking the Avatarotsavam of the silver idol of Sri Bhoga Srinivasa Murthy was observed with religious fervour in Tirumala Sri Venkateswara temple on Sunday.
Every year TTD performs the Special Sahasra Kalasabhishekam marking the consecration of Bhoga Srinivasa Murthy silver idol donated by Pallava queen Samavai Perundevi who was an ardent devotee of Lord, to the shrine in the year 614 AD. The Pallava queen's donation of the silver idol and its consecration was inscripted on the temple wall below Vimana Venkateswara in the first Prakaram revealing the origin of Bhoga Srinivasa idol in the famed temple.
The silver idol which is part of Pancha Beras, occupies a unique position in the popular Hindu temple as all the daily rituals are performed to the idol along with the main deity Moola Virat while Abhishekam is daily performed to Bhoga Srinivasa where it was only once on Friday to the Moola Virat.
TTD EO Dr KS Jawahar Reddy, Additional EO AV Dharma Reddy, TTD trust board member Sekhar Reddy and others were present.