- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Tirupati bypoll notification today
Stage is set for the Tirupati Lok Sabha byelection to be held on April 17. The notification for the election will be released on Tuesday
Tirupati: Stage is set for the Tirupati Lok Sabha byelection to be held on April 17. The notification for the election will be released on Tuesday. While the last date for the nominations is March 30, scrutiny will take place on March 31.
The withdrawal of candidatures closes on April 3. The counting of votes will be held on May 2.
Interestingly, bypoll for the Tirupati Lok Sabha constituency is being held for the first time in its history which was necessitated with the demise of sitting YSRCP MP Balli Durgaprasada Rao on September 16, 2020. Meanwhile, Nellore District Collector KVN Chakradhar Babu interacted with the representatives of the political parties on Monday and informed them that the gazette notification for the Tirupati by-election will be released on Tuesday.