- Odisha Train Accident Live Updates: Railway minister announces ₹10 lakh ex gratia for kin of deceased, ₹2 lakh for those severely injured
- Over 1,000 future leaders of Indian agriculture and agribusiness to be honored by Indian agribusiness leaders
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik To Visit Train Accident Site tomorrow
- Eye drops slow near-sightedness progression in kids: Study
- Rakesh Tikait has given time till June 9 to the Modi government to arrest Brij Bhushan
- Tata Starbucks announces its first Starbucks Rs. 90 Menu
- The Sunscreen Debate
- Microsoft joins forces with MSDE to train youth in digital & cybersecurity skills
- Here is the list of remarkable creations by Maestro Ilaiyaraaja
- Here is the list of pan-India movies which shows the greatness of Mani Ratnam
Tirupati: Conduct elections in unbiased manner: Observer tells officials
Election Observer for Chittoor district Siddartha Jain instructed the election officials in pilgrim city to conduct elections to the municipalities and other bodies in an unbiased manner and give equal opportunities to all political parties
Tirupati: Election Observer for Chittoor district Siddartha Jain instructed the election officials in pilgrim city to conduct elections to the municipalities and other bodies in an unbiased manner and give equal opportunities to all political parties.
On Friday, he held a review meeting with election officials concerned in Tirupati Municipal Corporation and enquired about corporation elections arrangements. In this connection, he advised the officials that they should act according to Election Commission guidelines only.
All the sectoral officers should keep surveillance over the candidates election malpractices. When they receive any complaint of irregularities or distribution of gifts to voters, they have to immediately seize money, liquor and other gifts, Election Observer said. Police also should keep their eye on trouble mongers to avoid election-related disturbances in various divisions, Jain said.
In the meeting, Commissioner PS Girisha, Additional Commissioner D Haritha and sectoral officers were present.
After the meeting, BJP, TDP and CPM leaders met Election Observer Siddartha Jain and submitted memorandum seeking action against ruling YSRP leaders of Srikalahasti and Tirupati constituencies. They brought to the notice of observer that YSRCP leaders physically attacked opposition party leaders in front of election offices.