- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
- ‘Inti No 13’ review: Distinctive narrative approach
- Delhi excise policy matter: Court permits YSRCP MP's son Raghav Magunta to turn approver in CBI's case
- SAFF U16 Women’s C'ship: Anushka Kumari nets hat-trick as India thrash Bhutan 7-0
- India expresses deep shock at the loss of lives in northern Gaza
- TN Deepika participates in Gadapa Gadapaku Mana Prabhutvam in Hindupur
- TDP reviews on arrangements for Shankaravam in Kuppam
Tirupati: Counselling for filling up of nursing posts begins
Appointment letters to be sent to candidates directly
Tirupati: The recruitment process for nursing posts in different hospitals in the district began on Tuesday evening after it kicked up a controversy that lasted for three days. Earlier, the aspirants have alleged irregularities in the preparation of merit list following rule of reservation and demanded justice.
The certificate verification and interviews were scheduled to be held on Monday. But it was postponed due to the alleged mistakes that took place in the merit list. The candidates have protested at the counselling centre in Ruia hospital on Monday following which the officials have assured them of justice and to conduct interviews on Tuesday.
As this assurance had gone in vain, the candidates have staged a protest on Tuesday afternoon as well. They said that they have been taking a lot of strain in reaching Tirupati from various places daily during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Ruia hospital authorities have maintained that no irregularities have taken place in the preparation of merit list but only some technical errors were there which will be corrected.
They said that the lists will be prepared separately based on the posts under Ruia hospital, maternity hospital, DM&HO and DCHS purviews as asked by the candidates.
After this, the counselling was started on Tuesday evening in which the officials have taken the certificates for verification. The appointment orders will be sent to the candidates directly, they said.