- PIL in SC seeks directions to Centre and States to consider reasonable demands of farmers
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC push for playoffs against Hyderabad FC in Sunil Chhetri's 150th outing
- Creditors face haircut of 68% on admitted claims under IBC
- Shri Ramcharitmanas row: SC grants 2 weeks to UP government to file its reply on Swami Prasad Maurya's plea
- PVL Season 3: Calicut Heroes blaze through Delhi Toofans to get dominant win
- NewsClick row: Court grants Delhi Police 20 more days to file charge sheet in UAPA case
- Swaad of South Unveils Newest Outlet in Madhapur, Offering a Fusion of Tradition and Innovation in South Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
- This universal story about the tragic isolation of old age will move and stir Kannada and Telugu audiences: Deepak Qazir Kejriwal
- NIT Calicut and Vehant Technologies Signs MoU to Co-Teach Students and Jointly Work on AI/ML Projects
- List of Environmentally-Friendly Products Spearheading Green Movement for a Healthier Planet
TTD commences Nakshatra Maha Yagam for wellbeing of humanity
Tirumala: The spiritual crusade of TTD for the wellbeing of humanity and protection from pandemic Covid reached a new high on Sunday with the...
Tirumala: The spiritual crusade of TTD for the wellbeing of humanity and protection from pandemic Covid reached a new high on Sunday with the beginning of Nakshatra Maha Yagam at the Dharmagiri Veda Pathashala.
Dharmagiri Veda Vijnan Peetham Principal K S S Avadhani said as part of the Maha Yagam, the Shrouta yagas of purvangabhutas is being performed first on May 9-11.
Speaking on the occasion, Avadhani said the Maha yagam performed for the wellbeing of global humanity will last till June 15. From May 12 onwards, the Shrouta yagas of all devatas of 28 nakshatras from Kruthika naksatram to Bharani Naksatram and Abhijeet nakshatram will be performed.
Thereafter Shrouta yagas will also be performed for Chandra, Ahoratramulu, Usha Kala, and Naksatra samanyamu, Surya Bhagvan, Aditi and Vishnu etc.
Legends say that since every person is born in any of 27 nakshatram in the world, the yagas will protect every one of them. The yagas commenced on Vaisakha Shudda Padhyam day (today) during the confluence of Rohini and Kritika nakshatram.
Avadhani appealed to devotees to beget the divine fruits of the yagas by witnessing the sacred rituals live telecast on SVBC.