- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
CPM demands development of Amaravati as capital
CPM State secretary V Srinivasa Rao has denounced Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy’s decision of shifting the capital as well as his residence to Visakhapatnam
Vijayawada(NTR District): CPM State secretary V Srinivasa Rao has denounced Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy's decision of shifting the capital as well as his residence to Visakhapatnam. He opined that the decision was a deceptive statement.
It should be noted here that the CM on Tuesday announced that Vishakapatnam will soon become the State capital and added that he will be shifting there in the months to come.
In a press release here on Tuesday, he said that the CM is in contempt of court as it (case) is still pending at the Supreme court.
He alleged that the statement can lead to misleading the North Andhra people and to increase the speculations in the real estate. He further demanded the government to develop the existing capital Amravati.