- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Sri Lankan minister invites investments to Lanka
Says that Sri Lanka will cooperate to grant all permissions and if the facility is set up in any city other than Colombo, land will also be allotted
Vijayawada: Sri Lankan State Minister of Trade and Food Security Sathasivam Viyalendiran appealed to the Indian doctors to open their facilities in Sri Lanka offering full-fledged support to give all permissions and licenses to launch good hospitals.
He was addressing a meeting here on Sunday after inaugurating the Golden Hour project by Varun Cardio and Neuro Sciences (VCS), the Lankan minister said that Sri Lanka will cooperate to grant all permissions and if the facility was set up in any city other than Colombo, land would also be allotted.
Expressing satisfaction over the medical facilities available in various private and government hospitals across the state, the Lankan minister said that similar facilities should be made available to the Sri Lankan citizens.
Earlier, principal secretary of Medial and Health MT Krishna Babu elaborated on the facilities the State government was providing for the people in the government hospitals. Underlining the importance of Golden Hour, the immediate treatment in the brain stroke or heart attack would give good results. Otherwise, the patient would be burdensome to the family and society. He congratulated the management of Varun Cardio and Neuro Sciences for initiating such project. The principal secretary said that the state government initiated the concept of family doctor to provide immediate relief to the patients. Moreover, the state government is setting up a critical care emergency unit in every district across the state.
Noted psychiatrist Dr Indla Ramasubba Reddy, Bollywood actresses Moubani Circar, Shri Chakravarty, VCS chairman Dr Guntur Varun, Basavarama Tarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital chief medical director Dr T Subrahmaneswara Rao, noted urologist Dr Lalitha, interventional neurosurgeon Dr Sudhir Suggala, bariatric robotic surgeon Dr Gorti Ganesh and others also spoke.
Noted neurosurgeon Dr Puvvada Ramakrishna expressed satisfaction over the stupendous response to the Golden Hour project and thanked everyone who are taking the project to the people.