- Govt has its task cut out-an arduous one, indeed!
- Free bus travel for women: Transport dept inflow to be dented by more than half
- Land to be handed over to Foxconn by July 1: MB Patil
- G Kishan Reddy hoisted the national fag on the formation of Telangana state at Golkonda Fort
- Proddaturu MLA looted crores of rupees public money: Lokesh
- Telangana Formation Day 2023: Here are the wishes from leaders and officials
- CM YS Jagan assured to solve issues in Prakasam dist: Balineni
- CM YS Jagan to distribute farm machinery, tractors worth Rs 361 cr today
- Jagan stymied Amaravati with 3 capitals proposal: Sujana Chowdary
- Jagan calls TDP manifesto ‘kichdi’ of plagiarised stuff
Tirupati: 31 red sanders logs worth 1 cr seized, 1 held
In a major operation, police seized Rs 1 crore worth of 31 red sanders logs, two motorcycles and two cars at Yerravaripalem area of the Bhakarapet circle in the west subdivision in Tirupati district on Saturday.
The police took up vehicle inspection during which they could nab a smuggler belonging to the international smugglers gang into custody while five others escaped. Speaking on the occasion, Tirupati SP P Parameswar Reddy said that the police are dealing with smugglers stringently to prevent smuggling of red sanders.
The arrested was identified as Shaikh Shafiullah (39) while five others managed to escape were identified as Gopinathpethi Naidu (38), D Anandan (60), Gajendran (36), Anumuthu (30) and Krishna Dev. These smugglers were involved in many incidents of red sanders smuggling from Seshachalm forest and several cases were registered on them at different police stations. Additional SPs Venkata Rao, Kulasekhar, Vimala Kumari, DSP Narasappa and others were present.