- MVV Satyanarayana lays foundation stone for Varasiddhi Vinayaka Durga Polamamba Temple in Vizag
- Speaker disqualifies 8 MLAs from Assembly
- GHMC Dy Floor leader visits Veerannagutta to oversee arrangements for Maha Sivaratri
- Imansa family express gratitude to Prathipati Pulla Rao
- Naidu, Sharmila lambast YSRCP for ‘humiliating’ cricketer Vihari
- TSRTC makes arrangements for Intermediate exams
- Birds of different feathers flock to avian island at Neknampur Lake
- All set for Inter exams from today
- Untold Stories of our Temples-3: Oh man! Govt apathy dogs God’s abode
- TDP chief may address public meet in Nellore on March 2
5 Taliban terrorists killed by Afghan forces in Faryab province
The anti-terrorist operation was carried out in the Dara-e-Shakh area of Gurziwan district in the wee hours of Friday.
Kabul: Five Taliban terrorists were killed in an operation by Afghan Special Forces in the country's northern province of Faryab, the provincial government said on Friday.
The anti-terrorist operation was carried out in the Dara-e-Shakh area of Gurziwan district in the wee hours of Friday. Two Taliban hideouts were destroyed, reported Xinhua.
There was no immediate comment from the Taliban regarding the operation.
Afghanistan is facing an unstable political and security situation due to the activities of the Taliban and the Islamic State.
The Afghan National Defence and Security Forces have been conducting operations to combat terrorism across the country.