- Purandeswari urges govt. to support farmers who lost crops due to Cyclone Michaung
- Users lose audio from their old Instagram videos
- Swiggy appoints Anand Kripalu as Independent Director, Chairperson of Board
- Sr Adv Dushyant Dave pens open letter to CJI over listing of cases in SC
- Tesla’s self-driving tech not safe for public roads: Ex-employee
- Two J&K Bills brought to give justice to those deprived of rights for last 70 yrs: Shah
- Fatty foods can dent body's ability to fight stress: Study
- PL Sector Report: Metals & Mining - Weekly Update – Domestic steel prices inched up a bit
- Embracing Technology in Learning and Development: How to Use Technology to Enhance the Learning Experience
- Mental Health Issues in Older Adults with Epilepsy
2 Naxals killed in encounter in Chhattisgarh
Two Naxals were killed in an encounter with the security forces in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Kanker district, a police officer said on Friday.
Raipur: Two Naxals were killed in an encounter with the security forces in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Kanker district, a police officer said on Friday.
The gunbattle took place on the intervening night of Thursday and Friday in the jungles between Malepara and Murnar villages in Tadoki police station area, 200 km from Raipur, the senior officer said.
A team of the police's District Reserve Guard was out on an anti-Naxal operation when the encounter broke out, state Director General of Police (anti-Naxal operations) Girdhari Nayak told PTI.
When the patrolling team was cordoning off the forest, a group of armed ultras opened fire on them, the DGP said.
After the guns fell silent, the bodies of two unidentified Naxals were recovered from the spot. Besides, two SLR rifles, a .303 rifle and a .315 rifle were also recovered, the officer added.