ED imposes over Rs 14 lakh penalty on separatist leader Geelani
ED will also impose penalty and confiscate illegal acquisition of foreign exchange recovered from former Chairman of JKLF.
Srinagar: In a fresh turn of events, Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday imposed a penalty of Rs 14.40 lakh on Separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani under the Foreign Exchange Management Act for illegally possessing foreign exchange of 10,000 US Dollars.
In 2017 also, the probe agency had summoned the 87-year-old Separatist leader Geelani for possessing foreign exchange to the tune of 10,000 US Dollars illegally.
Along with Geelani, the ED will also impose a penalty and confiscate the illegal acquisition of foreign exchange recovered from Yasin Malik, former Chairman of Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF). The adjudication proceedings against Yasin Malik are in progress. More details in this regard are awaited.
- Is this another case of Nirbhaya? Raichur demands justice for Madhu who was brutally raped and Murdered....
- 2 Indian Navy Warships To Take Part In Chinese Fleet Review
- Ratan Tata Meets Mohan Bhagwat At RSS Headquarters in Nagpur
- Rahul Gandhi, Kumaraswamy are 'jokers', says BJP's Basavaraj Bommai
- Toddler beaten up by mother dies