Late ND Tiwari's son Rohit Shekhar died unnatural death, says autopsy report
Rohit Shekhar Tiwari had won the paternity suit against the former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, late Narayan Dutt Tiwari.
NEW DELHI: Three days after Rohit Shekhar Tiwari's mysterious death in his south Delhi residence, the autopsy report has suggested that he died an "unnatural death", a police officer said on Friday.
"The autopsy report of Rohit Shekhar Tiwari, 40, suggested that it is an unnatural death due to smothering. Other contradictions were also found," Deputy Commissioner of Police Vijay Kumar told IANS. "Now the case has been transferred to the Crime Branch," he said.
Rohit Shekhar Tiwari had won the paternity suit against the former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, late Narayan Dutt Tiwari. He was declared "brought dead" by the Max Hospital on Wednesday after his mother took him there in an ambulance.
The forensic and crime branch teams visited Rohit Shekhar's residence in Defence Colony to corroborate the sequence of events, including scanning CCTV footage.
A Crime Branch officer told IANS that they have registered a case of murder in this connection.
"His mother, brother, wife and four servants are being questioned," the officer added.
- Congress fails to capitalise on assembly poll victories, trails in Rajasthan, MP, Chhattisgarh
- Rahul Gandhi heading for record-breaking victory margin in Wayanad Lok Sabha
- Yogi gets tumultuous welcome at BJP office in Lucknow
- Modi congratulates Naveen Patnaik for retaining Odisha
- Nobody can counter Modi for next 25 years: Shiv Sena