- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
No Maoist activities in Malkangiri, Koraput in past 3 years: BSF
Bhubaneswar: No Maoist activities were reported in Malkangiri and Koraput over the last three years because of the deployment of Border Security Force...
Bhubaneswar: No Maoist activities were reported in Malkangiri and Koraput over the last three years because of the deployment of Border Security Force (BSF) in both the districts, said IG (Odisha) BSF D K Sharma said on Thursday.
Briefing reporters a day before the 59th BSF Raising day, Sharma said five battalions of the force were deployed in the two Maoist-hit districts in 2010 following a series of violent incidents. Later, the force was also deployed at Rayagada and Nabarangpur districts, he said.
‘’The Rayagada unit was moved to Kandhamal in January 2023. Since then, no Naxal activity has been reported in the area,’’ the IG said. ‘’Currently, Maoist activities are being reported from the districts of Kalahandi, Nuapada, Kalahandi and Boudh. In these districts, the ultras move in very small groups and whenever the forces raid their hideouts, they flee to remote areas,’’ he said.
Sharma said the force is also assisting the State government in implementation of development projects such as construction of roads, bridges, schools, power plants and mobile towers in inaccessible and Maoist-hit areas in Malkangiri, Koraput and Kandhamal districts.
Since its deployment in the State, the BSF, with the help of Odisha Police, has killed 65 Maoists and arrested 793.