Odisha Congress names 7 Lok Sabha, 20 Assembly candidates
The Congress on Friday released the list of candidates for seven Lok Sabha and 20 Assembly seats in Odisha.
Bhubaneswar: The Congress on Friday released the list of candidates for seven Lok Sabha and 20 Assembly seats in Odisha.
Navajyoti Patnaik, son of Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) President Niranjan Patnaik, will contest from the Balasore Lok Sabha constituency.
Former Union Minister and former PCC President K.P. Singh Deo will contest from Dhenkanal parliamentary seat while party's media cell Chairman Satya Prakash Nayak will fight from the Puri seat.
Fakir Mohan Naik is Congress candidate from Keonjhar, while Madhumita Sethi is from Bhadrak, Dharanidhar Nayak from Kendrapada and Pratima Mallick from Jagatsinghpur.
The Lok Sabha and Assembly elections will take place in Odisha in first four phases for 21 parliamentary and 147 Assembly seats. The polls will be held on April 11, 18, 23 and 29.
- Concerned over reports of alleged tampering of voters' verdict: Pranab Mukherjee
- Opposition leaders meet EC officials, demand verification of VVPAT slips before counting of votes
- Sanjeeva Matandoor: Congress-JD (S) coalition has failed the people of Karnataka
- EVMs absolutely safe in strongrooms: Election Commission
- Pakistani boat carrying drugs seized by Indian Coast Guard