- State should be freed from clutches of YSRCP: Naga Babu
- Stripping Russia of veto at UN impossible
- Tirumala Brahmotsavams: Lord Venkateswara Swamy appears on Surya Prabha Vahanam
- Chinta demands 33% quota for women in TTD
- Hangzhou declares Games open
- Family-Friendly Outdoor Charm of New Orleans
- Gold rates in Delhi today surges, check the rates on 23 September, 2023
- Indian men, women canter into pre-quarters
- Every decade a women’s dressing style changes
- Praasa Mani delivers lecture on ‘Prakruti odilo parisramalu’
Over 30 vaccine candidates supported, 3 in advance trials, 4 in advanced pre-clinical stage: Government
The government on Wednesday said more than 30 vaccine candidates for coronavirus have been supported, and three of them are in advance stages of trials now, while four are in advanced pre-clinical development stage.
NEW DELHI: The government on Wednesday said more than 30 vaccine candidates for coronavirus have been supported, and three of them are in advance stages of trials now, while four are in advanced pre-clinical development stage.
Union Minister of State for Home Nityanand Rai also told the Rajya Sabha that 13 clinical trials of repurposed drugs have been undertaken to build a portfolio of therapeutic options for Covid-19 patients.
"More than 30 vaccine candidates have been supported which are in different stages of development, 3 candidates are in advanced stage of Phase I, II, III trials and more than 4 are in advanced pre-clinical development stage," he said.
Rai said a national expert group on vaccine administration for Covid-19 was constituted on August 7, under the NITI Aayog.