- Successful franchise ‘Drishyam’ sparks Hollywood remake collaboration
- Central government approved rooftop solar scheme worth Rs 75 thousand crore
- Sree Vishnu’s Birthday Treat: Geetha Arts Unveils Collaboration for ‘SV18’
- RK Roja takes jibe at Pawan Kalyan, flays for contesting in 24 seats only
- Government Utilizes Technology to Safeguard Public Assets in Davangere
- Daily Forex Rates (29-02-2024)
- Films, Content and AI: Amitabh Bachchan, RGV engages in thought-provoking conversations
- Raashi Khanna dazzles in stylish promotional look for ‘Yodha’
- Only Bhansali can make you do 8 rounds in a 30-kg costume: Richa Chadha
- Kajol, Kriti Sanon set for a face-off in ‘Do Patti’
PM Modi's sister from Pakistan sends rakhi to him
Ahead of the auspicious occasion of Raksha Bandhan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Pakistani sister Qamar Mohsin Sheikh sent a rakhi to him.
Speaking to ANI, Qamar said, "In this corona period, I will first look for the safety of my brother. We shouldn't mind because of the current situation in the country. If it had been possible, he would have called me definitely. I have sent my Rakhi to him by courier along with a letter. I pray for long life for him. He should keep on working like this only. I pray to Allah for his good and healthy life."
Expressing her wish, she said, "I feel he will interact with me on a video call on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan."
She said, "A sister can only wish for the good life of his brother and she can tie Rakhi by herself but the situation is changed this time. I regret that this will be our 25th Raksha Bandhan and I couldn't tie Rakhi by myself this year because of the pandemic. I pray he keeps doing good work for the people and people bless him."
Qamar also praised the way PM Modi handled the pandemic situation. She said, "He has handled the situation very well in the tough times of corona pandemic. If he did not control the situation on time, reality would have been different today."
She has also sent a book 'Qamar Jahan' by Padmashri Garender Patel, a famous writer.