Rahul Gandhi to file nomination from Wayanad in Kerala today
Gandhi is scheduled to reach Wayanad at 11 am, Congress general secretary K C Venugopa said on Thursday.
2019 Lok Sabha Elections, Congress, Rahul Gandhi, Wayanad, Kerala Congress president Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to arrive here on Thursday to file his nomination from the Wayanad Lok Sabha seat.
Gandhi is scheduled to reach Wayanad at 11 am, Congress general secretary K C Venugopal said on Thursday.
He will later fly to Nagpur in Maharashtra to address a rally.
The state party unit had requested Gandhi to contest from the Wayanad Lok Sabha constituency which fell vacant following the death of Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) working president M I Shanavas last year.
Shanavas was elected to Lok Sabha for consecutive two terms - 2009 and 2014 -- from the Wayanad seat which came into existence in 2009.
Apart from Wayanad, Gandhi will also be contesting from the Congress stronghold of Amethi in Uttar Pradesh where he will face Union Minister Smriti Irani.
Congress is contesting on 16 out of the 20 Lok Sabha seats in Kerala leaving four seats for its allies – two for Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) and one each for Kerala Congress (Mani) and Socialist Party (RSP).
- Amit Shah to host dinner for NDA leaders 2 days prior to Lok Sabha results
- Refuting Congress claims, Army top official says 1st surgical strike was in Sept 2016
- We are winning, exit poll results are wrong: Tejashwi Yadav
- Explosion of chemical container at the house of RR Nagar MLA
- BJP will repeat 2014 UP victory in WB; Mahagathbandhan vision-less: Ram Madhav