- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
Transgender to get special identity card to get benefits of social schemes
The government will issue special identity cards to the members of the transgender community to benefit from welfare social schemes.
New Delhi: The government will issue special identity cards to the members of the transgender community to benefit from welfare social schemes. A member of the recently formed National Council for Transgender gave this information on Sunday.
The first meeting of the council was held last Thursday under the chairmanship of Social Justice Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot. Council member Meera Parida said that several issues were discussed in the four-hour meeting. In this, it was agreed to give special identity cards to benefit the welfare schemes.
These cards will be linked to the central and state schemes. He said that if the scheme succeeds, India will become the first country for the transgender community to take such a step.