- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
UP government should provide insurance cover to all journalists: Priyanka Gandhi
Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Tuesday urged the Uttar Pradesh government to provide insurance cover to journalists, asserting that scribes are performing the important duty of providing information amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
NEW DELHI: Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Tuesday urged the Uttar Pradesh government to provide insurance cover to journalists, asserting that scribes are performing the important duty of providing information amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
Her appeal to the government came after the death of a young journalist due to Covid-19.
"A very sad news. Neelanshu Shukla, a young journalist from Lucknow, is no more. He was battling Covid-19 since many days," Priyanka Gandhi said in a Facebook post in Hindi.
Paying tributes to Shukla, the Congress general secretary said he was a talented journalist.
May God give courage to his family to bear the suffering in this hour of grief, she said.
"I raised this issue earlier as well that journalists are performing the important work of providing information in times of (the coronavirus) crisis," Priyanka Gandhi said.
"The UP government should provide financial help to Neelanshu Shukla's family and insurance cover to all journalists," she said.