- Two melanistic leopards spotted in Odisha
- Junior engineer tries to flee during vigilance raid
- Dharmana seeks financial hub in Visakhapatnam
- Naidu arrives for darshan of Lord Venkateswara
- Upcoming Smartphones in December 2023: OnePlus 12, Redmi 13C, and more
- PL Sector Report: Metals & Mining - Weekly Update – Domestic steel pricing lagging behind
- PL Stock Report: Aster DM Healthcare (ASTERDM IN) - Event Update – GCC stake sale to unlock value - BUY
- Hyderabad: Low turnout in T polls
- SCR extends the 10 special trains services between AP, Telangana till December end
- Hyderabad: Poor voter turnout in Old City
Virender Sehwag's wife files FIR against business partners
Former Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag's wife filed a cheating case against her business partners claiming they forged her signature
Aarti Sehwag alleged that her business partners forged her signature to take a loan of Rs 4.5 crore from another firm and later defaulted on the payment, in a complaint to the police.
"The accused persons approached the creditors without any consent and knowledge of the complainant ... and availed loan of Rs 4.5 crore from them," she said.
"Due to the default, the creditors invoked the arbitration clause and filed a complaint in the court. During the proceeding, it was shocking for the complainant to see her signature and partite agreement, which she had never signed," the complaint read.
The police have registered an FIR against the accused under Sections 420 (cheating and dishonestly), 468 (forgery), 471 (using as genuine a forged document) and 34 (common intention) of the Indian Penal Code based on her complaint.