- Chandrababu's Kadali Ra schedule in Nellore and Raptadu finalised
- EA Games, the Creator of The Sims, Announces Layoffs; Details
- Vizianagaram: Farmers receive Rs 52.73 cr Rythu Bharosa
- Mudragada Padmanabham writes to Pawan Kalyan, express dissatisfaction for limiting to few seats
- Former UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Likely To Skip CBI Summons In Illegal Mining Case
- No restriction for BRS's Chalo Medigadda, says minister Uttam Kumar reddy
- Visakhapatnam: Awareness programme held on Disha Divyang Suraksha
- BJP, future of Telangana: Dr Laxman
- Former Intel India Country Head Avtar Saini Killed In Cycling Accident: Says Police
- Annual webinar on ‘Viksit Bharat@2047 begins at CDM
Woman Allegedly Raped And Tortured For A Week In Delhi By Acquaintance
- A woman from Darjeeling, West Bengal, was reportedly subjected to rape and torture over a week in Delhi by a male acquaintance, leading to his arrest.
- The incident highlights the alarming issue of gender-based violence and the need for robust legal action to address such crimes.
Police stated on Tuesday that a woman from Darjeeling, West Bengal, was reportedly subjected to rape and torture over a span of a week in Delhi by a male acquaintance. The accused, identified as Paras (28), has been charged with rape, sodomy, and causing bodily harm. He was apprehended on February 2.
The victim had been residing with Paras for approximately a month in a rented residence in Raju Park, located in the Neb Sarai area of south Delhi, according to police reports.
Authorities were alerted to the situation on January 30 when a PCR call reported a woman being assaulted by her partner at Neb Sarai police station. Upon arrival, the police rescued the woman and transported her to AIIMS for medical attention. She was found to have around 20 injuries on her body upon hospitalization and has since been discharged.
A senior police officer revealed that the woman, originally from Darjeeling, had established contact with the accused over the phone and befriended him over the past few months. She had intended to travel to Bengaluru for a job as a housemaid in early January but decided to make a stopover in Delhi due to a train route. Paras suggested she stay with him, promising assistance in job hunting. Consequently, she stayed with him, but the situation deteriorated as Paras allegedly began assaulting her physically and sexually for a week. In one instance, he purportedly inflicted burn injuries by pouring hot lentils over her.
Following the woman's complaint, the police filed an FIR on January 30, charging Paras under sections 323, 376, and 377 of the Indian Penal Code. Paras, originally from Uttarakhand, worked as a cook at a local eatery in Delhi. The investigation into the matter is ongoing, as per police statements.