- Delhi's per capita income increases: Economic Survey report
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 6: Details on Launch and Features
- Singapore real estate group CapitaLand purchases Pune IT SEZ project for Rs 7.73bn
- Homegrown healthtech firm Pristyn Care slashes around 120 jobs
- Sharp acceleration in disruptive forces likely across sectors, including two-wheelers, IT services
- Self-Injury Awareness Day 2024: Learn the Signs, Offer Support, Save Lives
- Dublin-based Medtronic Establishes R&D Growth Centre in Hyderabad
- Defence Ministry inks MoUs worth Rs 39,125cr to procure military equipment
- Green's ton vindicates selectors' decision to stick him in at no. 4: Hockley
- Foundation stone of Sindri fertiliser plant was laid in 2018, PM Modi inaugurated today
Northern Railways Introduced Baby Berths
- A feature of 'baby berth' has been added to Indian Railways' trains.
- Northern Railways' Lucknow Division experimented with a baby berth in coach No.194129/B4, berths 12 and 60, on Mother's Day.
A feature of 'baby berth' has been added to Indian Railways' trains. Women would be able to travel by train while resting blissfully next to their children thanks to the odd configuration. Northern Railways' Lucknow Division experimented with a baby berth in coach No.194129/B4, berths 12 and 60, on Mother's Day. The infant seat features a safety stopper and is foldable.
The berths were measuring 770 mm in length, 255 mm in breadth, and 76.2 mm in height, in the second cabins on both ends of the carriages. The Northern Railway released a photograph of the infant berth. A baby berth is a folding extension to a conventional berth with a railing on the side to protect a youngster from slipping out. Women will have greater space on the seat with the infant berths and will be able to simply put their children to sleep. Meanwhile, the netizens reacted to the photos and applauded the initiative.