- JNTU-H introduces BTech in Cyber Security
- Hyderabad: 3-day G20 HWG meet in city from today
- KCR to visit Nirmal today
- Hyderabad: Leaders express shock over Odisha train mishap
- Shivamogga: Education Minister says textbook revisions will be made
- Telangana celebrates Farmers Day
- District in-charge ministers list is out for entire State
- MLC Kavitha releases London Bonalu poster
- BDS students from AP in a dilemma: Students urge govt to hold practical exams in Telangana
- How to eat better
12,000 secure jobs at Maha Job Mela
District Collector Kartikeya Mishra informed that 12,000 candidates have been employed in different organizations through the Kaushal Godavari programme here.
Kakinada: District Collector Kartikeya Mishra informed that 12,000 candidates have been employed in different organizations through the Kaushal Godavari programme here.
He participated as the chief guest at Maha Job Mela jointly organised by the State Skill Development Corporation and KIET Engineering College at Korangi on Saturday night.
Mishra presented the offer letters to the selected candidates for employment in different multi-national companies.
Speaking on the occasion, the Collector appreciated the selected youth and suggested them to develop further in their lives, using this chance as a ladder.
He also informed that they took necessary measures for the youth to get suitable employment for their educational qualifications through Kaushal Godavari, VIKASA and Skill Development Corporations. He said that 17,500 youth have been trained. Out of them, 12,000 young persons were recruited in right jobs since October.
In this connection, Mishra explained how the youth were helping and supporting their families. A total of 3,207 candidates attended on the first day of the Job Mela and 1,091 got selected for employment.
State Skill Development Corporation manager Prashanth, Vikasa PD V N Rao, KIET Engineering College principal Subhash Chandra, Women’s College principal Rama Krishna and others participated.