- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Hyderabad: Eminent journalist and former editor-in-chief of The Hindu called for embracing digital or internet journalism as it has a vibrant...
Hyderabad: Eminent journalist and former editor-in-chief of The Hindu called for embracing digital or internet journalism as it has a vibrant future. Addressing a well-attended gathering to launch a Telugu news channel- 10 TV, promoted by CPI-M, here on Saturday, he said, "Even in some developed countries, there has been a constant decline of audience for broadcast journalism. The print media is also facing tough time. Perhaps the fall in advertisements has contributed to this trend. Digital medium has come as an alternative and TV content is also available in it and hence it is better to invest in it now," Ram said. MLC and Chairman of 10 TV Prof. K Nageshwar, said that proliferation of channels does not mean giving exact news. "We have many news channels in AP. But every channel is branded as promoting the interests of one particular party or the other. 10 TV wishes to be a refreshingly different one. We will not be neutral but follow equal justice to all," Nageshwar explained. A galaxy of political leaders including T Devender Goud, T Harish Rao, BV Ragahavulu, Gunda Mallesh and others participated.