It is a welfare budget for all, claims Anam
'A total of 22.8 per cent of funds are allocated for implementation of SC, STA Sub-plan. For BC welfare, we...
"A total of 22.8 per cent of funds are allocated for implementation of SC, STA Sub-plan. For BC welfare, we allocated Rs 4,027 crore, which is an increase of 33 per cent over last year. Similarly, for minority welfare, we sanctioned Rs 1,027 crores, which is a whopping 110% more. All these measures amply prove our commitment towards uplift of weaker sections" he said Hyderabad: Terming his budget as please-all and welfare-oriented, Finance Minister Anam Narayana Reddy, however, refuted the claim that it was prepared with an eye on the Assembly polls, due next year. "It's not at all an election budget. Congress, as a party, has some priorities and we will make our plans accordingly. Development and welfare are the two foundations of our policy. We have clearly mentioned this in our election manifesto. As per the manifesto, we tread along," he said at a post-budget media conference on Monday. "A total of 22.8 per cent of funds are allocated for implementation of SC, ST Sub-plan. For BC welfare, we allocated Rs 4,027 crore, which is an increase of 33 per cent over last year. Similarly, for minority welfare, we sanctioned Rs 1,027 crores, which is a whopping 110% more. All these measures amply prove our commitment towards uplift of weaker sections" Anam stressed. Warding off criticism that the CM's Special Development Fund (SDF), which was allocated a fund of Rs 600 crore, is being used to keep the flock together and arrest the crossing over to other parties, Anam retorted it was a campaign of a political party, with an oblique reference to YSRCP. "Whenever Chief Minister goes to districts as part of Racchabanda or Indiramma bata, he announces special grants and the amount is used for them" he explained.A Discounting the claims that the government has lowered priority for irrigation, he said lesser allocation was done with a view that Polavaram and Pranahita may get national status this year and for that some more allocation needs to be done. Highlights of special farm policy
- Allocation for Agriculture Rs 2903 crore �Rs 2494 crore plan component and Rs 408 crore non-plan.
- State has set an ambitious target of increasing foodgrain production to 300 lakh tonnes by 2016-17.
- Srivari Sagu area is proposed to be raised to 5 lakh hectares from the present 2.8 lakh hectares.
- Rs 3,621 crore allocated under power subsidy to farmers. It would be paid to DISCOMs.
- Japan International Cooperation Agency to take up agricultural services at a cost of Rs 1,154 crore in 16 districts.
- To identify best-bet crop management options (soils, crop, water management) and take up. representative soil sampling to prepare GIS (global information system) based soil maps depicting micro and macro nutrient status of soils.
- Rs 450 crore for farm mechanization.
- It is planned to supply 14,700 tractor-drawn implements, 4,000 rotavators, 2,000 power tillers and tractors and 2000 seed cum fertilizer drill equipment, 25,000 plant protection equipment and 7,500 power operated machinery.
- Rs 150 crore allocated for solar pump sets.
- National Agriculture Insurance Scheme (NAIS) to provide financial support to farmers in event of crop failure.
- Pavala Vaddi to benefit 7.63 lakh farmers
- Rs 500 crore is provided for 2013-14 under Rythu Sri (interest-free loans) to benefit 40 lakh farmers.
- Separate provision with the amount of Rs 3,087 crore have been made for loans for farm mechanization and land development.
- Rs 2,903 crore proposed for rainfed agriculture development.
- Under Horticulture, Rs 517.42 crore proposed to extend drip and sprinkler irrigation. It is proposed to increase horticulture area to 28 lakh hectares from the current 25.56 lakh hectares. Production target is raised from 272.96 lakh tonnes to 298.20 lakh tonnes.
- Under Animal Husbandry category, it has been proposed to allocate Rs 269.67 crore . Milk chilling capacity would be expanded at Madakasira, Kalyanadurga and Pulkal units. About 15 bulk milk chilling units in Medak and five in Warangal at the cost of Rs 12 crore to be taken up
- Under Fisheries, about Rs 184.35 crores allocated. Global Information system for fishermen, Online registration of marine fishing ,issue of biometric ID cards to fishermen to be taken up.
- IN forest department allocations, Rs 134.49 crore is allocated in addition to the Rs 398.17 crore under non-plan towards staff salaries.
- Under Cooperation, Rs 6.87 crore is allocated for normal plan schemes apart from Rs 190 crores non-plan expenditure.
- Under Irrigation, Rs 13,804 crores have been allocated apart from Rs 874 crores of non-plan expenditure. Markefed is establishing five tonnes capacity cattle mixing plant at Chintakunta in Karimnagar district with Rs 4.3 crore.
- Under Sericulture, Rs 79.2 crore is allocated apart from non-plan budget of Rs 122.4 crore.
- Under Food Procession, Rs 120 crore is set for the purpose of oil palm processing units, rice bran oil and oleoresins and spices oils.
- Under Sugar industry, R 52.05 crore allocated in addition to the Rs 57 crore of non-plan expenditure.
- Under Natural Calamities Fund, Rs 589 crores is allocated to extend immediate relief to the farmers in case of crop loss due to the natural calamities.
17 July 2019 7:52 AM GMT