- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Mother gets three life terms
Mahabubanagar: Fourth additional district and sessions judge Syam Sundar has convicted a woman of causing death to her three sons by throwing them...
Mahabubanagar: Fourth additional district and sessions judge Syam Sundar has convicted a woman of causing death to her three sons by throwing them into a well and sentenced her to undergo three life imprisonments. According to prosecution, Sukkamma of Munimoksham village of Hanvada mandal lodged a complaint with the police on April 26, 2012 stating that her daughter-in-law Pramila after an altercation with her husband threw her three children into a well and she too jumped in it. However, when Pramila raised an alarm the villagers rushed to the well and resecued Prmila from drowning. But by that time all the three children -- Vishnu (6), Eswar (4) and Vinay (2) died. CI Giribabu filed the chargesheet to that effect.A The district and sessions judge held Pramila responsible for the death of her three children and sentenced her to undergo three life imprisonments and imposed a fine of R. 1500. She was also sentenced to undergo six months simple imprisonment for attempting to commit suicide.