- Olive Ridley turtles lay over 9K eggs in South Goa
- Sandeshkhali unrest: Bengal BJP chief Sukanta Majumdar dragged by cops during protest
- Meta’s Oversight Board extends its scope to Instagram Threads
- Indian researchers develop 'organoid' to help in neurodegenerative diseases
- Priyanka Chopra gives sneak peek into MM's 'first hike'; fans gush over her voice
- Army rescues stranded students in J&K
- J&K approves development of 7 new Industrial Estates
- Leaky blood vessels behind Long Covid-linked brain fog, says study
- RBI notifies banks on interest equalisation scheme for rupee export credit
- All Khelo India athletes/skiers safe, no change in fixtures in Gulmarg
Sharmila meets Jagan
Rousing reception at Shamshabad airport Hyderabad: A day after completing her 3,112 km padayatra in Itchapuram, YSR Congress party leader YS...
Rousing reception at Shamshabad airport
Hyderabad: A day after completing her 3,112 km padayatra in Itchapuram, YSR Congress party leader YS Sharmila on Monday called on her brother and party President YS Jaganmohan Reddy in Chanchalguda jail in the city. Sharmila, accompanied by her mother and party honorary President YS Vijayamma and Jagan’s wife YS Bharathi, drove straight to the jail from Shamshabad international airport where she was accorded a rousing reception by party workers after returning to the city.
Speaking to newsmen after the meeting, she said her brother was very happy with the way the padayatra was conducted.
He appreciated her for completing the marathon walkathon. She thanked god and all people who have blessed, co-operated and extended their unfailing love during her yatra. It was second time Sharmila met Jagan after she launched the padayatra in 2012. She met her brother a few months back when she suffered knee injury and temporarily suspended her yatra on health grounds.
Sources said that the duo also discussed political developments taking place in the state after the Congress endorsed formation of Telangana. She also told Jagan about the problems being faced by people of which she learnt in the course of her walkathon. Earlier, a huge car rally from Shamshabad airport to Chanchalguda jail was taken out by YSR party to welcome Sharmila.