- Intermediate student suspicious death at Khammam
- Asian Games: Pan, Wang join the greats as China dominate the pool; bag 20 medals overall on Day 1
- NASA's OSIRIS-REx mission delivers 1st ever asteroid sample in US
- J&K tops in e-Governance Service Delivery
- 2 terror modules busted in J&K; 5 terrorists arrested
- CDS visits Karwar Naval Base, aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya
- Congress accuses govt of mismanaging economy across all sectors
- Man attacked in Delhi over Rs 3K debt dispute
- Aviation services provider Celebi India may invest around USD 80 million in next four years
- Kullu Dussehra festival to see participation of 20 countries, will revive tourism: CM Sukhu
Kotla : Will quit politics if State divided
Kotla Surya Prakash Reddy plans to quit politics if state is not trifurcated - Union minister Kotla to quit politics to protest bifurcation - Kotla to quit politics to protest bifurcation - Union minister of state for railways Kotla Surya Prakash Reddy on Friday announced that he will quit politics if the state is not going to be divided into three instead of two as announced by the Centre. Speaking to the media in New Delhi, the minister said, “Rayalaseema is the most neglected region. It should be declared as a separate state different from Coastal Andhra and Telangana. We will not get justice if we are part of Andhra. It is better if the Centre creates three states instead of two.”
Union Minister of State for Railways Kotla Surya Prakash Reddy on Friday reiterated that if the Centre goes ahead with its decision on bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and creation of Telangana, he will not only resign as Union Minister but will also quit politics for good. Kotla Surya Prakash Reddy said that Rayalaseema region faces acute scarcity of drinking water and water for irrigation and Rayalaseema region faces the prospect of turning into a desert.
It was at the instance of the people of Kurnool that he had decided to resign as Union Minister and quit politics. “I cannot bear any injustice meted out to Rayalaseema region. Already, we have a water dispute with Karnataka over Tungabhadra river and if the state is divided, the Rayalaseema region would become a desert,” he said.
Demanding that if at all the State is to be divided, he said it should be divided into three States – Telangana, Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra. “If it does not happen, I will have to quit politics forever. My family has never craved for any posts and positions. I am not going to join any political party,” he said.