- Easy steps to keep your skin hydrated during summer
- German singer Cassandra Mae croons song in praise of Lord Krishna for PM Modi
- Supreme Court directs NewsClick founder be examined by panel of AIIMS doctors
- World Spay Day 2024: Advantages of Spaying or Neutering Your Pet
- Challenges Mount For INDIA Bloc As Congress Faces Cross-Voting Setback In Rajya Sabha Polls
- SP Riti Raj reviews the crime rate in the rura police station
- Rare Disease Day 2024: Date, history and significance
- AAP Names Sitting MLAs As Lok Sabha Candidates In Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Two-Day Developmental Tour Across Kerala, Tamil Nadu, And Maharashtra
- Sony to lay off 900 employees from PlayStation gaming division
Jagan's Samaikhya Sankharavam gets court nod
Jagan's Samaikhya Sankharavam gets Court nod,The Andhra Pradesh High Court Wednesday permitted the YSR Congress to hold a public meeting here Saturday in support of united Andhra Pradesh.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court Wednesday permitted the YSR Congress to hold a public meeting here Saturday in support of united Andhra Pradesh.
While setting aside Hyderabad police's order denying permission for the meeting, the court said the same may be held from 2 to 5 p.m.
Justice N. Rammohan Rao directed the organisers to give a written undertaking to police that no provocative speech would be made at the meeting.
The court passed the orders on a petition filed by YSR Congress general secretary K. Shiva Kumar, challenging the police action.
The police had denied permission for the meeting on the ground that it may create a law and order problem.
While noting that various groups of pro-Telangana supporters are opposed to the meeting, the police said that anti-social elements may indulge in violence.
The police order came after the high court left the decision to it when the YSR Congress first approached the court early this month.
This will be the first public meeting by any political party in Hyderabad to oppose the central government's decision to carve out a separate Telangana state.
It will also be the first meeting to be addressed by YSR Congress president Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy since his release from jail Sep 24.