- Khaap leaders take medals away from wrestlers, agitation to continue
- BRS only party to work for welfare of people: Kavitha
- Telangana people happy with performance of BRS government: Gutha
- Karnataka Deputy CM D K Shivakumar’s Surprise visit to Rajahmundry
- Man found dead in Hayathnagar of Hyderabad
- The Dubbing Works Of Pawan Kalyan And Sai Dharam Tej’s ‘Bro’ Begins Today
- Amazon Revolution 5G sale: Get Discounts on Samsung Galaxy M14, Redmi K50i and more
- Telangana Development model-A Paradigm Shift
- Defence Exports Rise 23 Times Share of ‘Made in India’ Products in Defence Procurement Up
- Wrestlers to throw medal in Ganga
Congress unable to create T sans Prez rule: LK
Congress Unable to Create T Sans Prez Rule: LK, Bifurcation Issue in AP, Gujarat CM Narendra Modi. Senior BJP leader on Wednesday lambasted the Congress-led UPA government for creating a mess over bifurcation issue in Andhra Pradesh.
- BJP has created three States smoothly, taking all stake-holders with it
- Even a Minister who said Jharkhand over my body was brought around
- But Congress-led UPA made a mess, ignored dialogue process
- Many took lives for or against bifurcation, situation quite volatile
Senior BJP leader on Wednesday lambasted the Congress-led UPA government for creating a mess over bifurcation issue in Andhra Pradesh.
The Congress-led government has brought things to such a pass that it appears unable to go ahead with the bifurcation unless the President’s rule is imposed, he said, deploring the lackadaisical attitude of the Congress to such a sensitive issue. Several people took their lives for either bifurcation or against it, yet the Congress government paid no heed to the ground situation, he criticized.
Expressing his concern over the ongoing furious protests in Seemandhra region against the move to divide the State, he said the Congress should have taken care to handle the issue in a delicate manner so as not to be seen riding roughshod over the apprehensions of one region in favour of the other.
Inaugurating Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management along with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi here, he said that the BJP created three States without triggering any sort of protests and in a peaceful process.
“Though a Minister vowed that Jharkhand could be created over his body, we handled it such a way he also veered round to our view,” he said. However, such a rapprochement was not brought about in the case of Telangana State creation. The Centre should have spoken to all the stake-holders from both regions in order to assuage the hurt feelings of any section.
Advani’s remarks were significant, coming as they did in the wake of a delegation of BJP leaders from Seemandhra apprising the top leaders of the volatile situation in their region and the need for ensuring a fair package and deal by taking the fears of region over education, employment, irrigation, capital etc. They are also urging BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to soothe the frayed tempers of the region, by promising to take care of its all-round development.