- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Vedic scholar Palakurti felicitated
Vedic Scholar Palakurti Felicitated, Palakurti Nrusimharama Siddhanti, Dharmika Varenya. Conferred with ‘Dharmika Varenya’ title and Lifetime Achievement Award Followers including KCR carry him in a palanquin.
Conferred with ‘Dharmika Varenya’ title and Lifetime Achievement Award Followers including KCR carry him in a palanquin.
Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Monday along with a select gathering of politicians and bureaucrats felicitated renowned vedic scholar and expert in astrology, Palakurti Nrusimharama Siddhanti. The nonagerian scholar was taken around in a well-decorated palanquin and KCR himself lifted it for a while along with other dignitaries. KCR also took blessings of the scholar by touching his feet. The savant, who is proficient in vedas, puranas and upanishads, was conferred with ‘Dharmika Varenya’ title and Lifetime Achievement Award. A five tola gold bracelet embedded with nine gems was also presented to him on the occasion.
Palakurthi Nrusimha Sarma, who has been on a diet of milk and fruits for the past 23 years, has been giving religious discourses almost every day in the last seven decades. A pundit in Telugu, Sarma mastered the art of Avadhanam and performed over 150 Astavadhanams in the State. Being a vastu expert, his suggestions were taken for constructing new temples and he himself built a temple for Goddess Saraswati at Ananthasagar near Siddipet.
Speaking on the occasion, KCR said: “I perform a yagna at my home or party office, I believe good would come not just to me or my family but to the entire community. I have lots of faith in pujas.
I am planning to conduct Ayata Chandiyaga yagna shortly under the guidance of Palakurti Siddhanti.” He said that it is because of the strong foundations in tradition and culture India was strong and no evil forces could destroy the country. K Chakrapani, Legislative Council chairman, Justice L Narsimha Reddy, K Aravinda Rao, former DGP, LV Subrahmanyam, senior IAS officer, C L Rajam, CMD, Namaste Telangana, K V
Ramanachary, ex-IAS officer and a host of vedic experts participated and offered their respects to the legendary vedic guru.