- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
Deputy Chief Minister N Chinarajappa assures road connectivity in Agency
Deputy Chief Minister N Chinarajappa promised to develop the internal road connectivity in East Godavari Agency with a budget of Rs 26 crore. Presiding over Zilla Parishad general body meeting on Wednesday, the Deputy CM said that this decision was taken in the wake of recent incident at Chaparai village in Y Ramavaram mandal.
Kakinada: Deputy Chief Minister N Chinarajappa promised to develop the internal road connectivity in East Godavari Agency with a budget of Rs 26 crore. Presiding over Zilla Parishad general body meeting on Wednesday, the Deputy CM said that this decision was taken in the wake of recent incident at Chaparai village in Y Ramavaram mandal.
It may be recalled that 16 persons died due to delayed medical aid due to lack of proper road connectivity. Apart from road connectivity, shortage of doctors and medical staff in addition to availability of safe drinking water also were discussed in the meeting. Elected representatives from Chintur, Yetapaka, VR Puram and Kunavaram mandals raised the issues and lamented that people were deprived of safe drinking water.
Kunavaram MPP Komaram Pentayya and ZPTC member Kanyakaparameswari pleaded that they had brought these issues to the notice of Zilla Parishad authorities several times, but in vain.Responding to the pleas of representatives, Chinarajappa said that government was making efforts to post medical officers with a salary of Rs 1.30 lakh per month.
He also assured to take steps for protected water supply. The meet also discussed RWS, NREGS, agriculture and other issues. Earlier, Zilla Parishad chairman Namana Rambabu disclosed the details of achievements in the three years of his tenure.