- Chinna Reddy appointed vice chairman of Planning Board
- Probe into ‘threat’ to burn down train returning from Ayodhya: BJP
- BJP Mahila Morcha seeks SC’s intervention
- Hyderabad: Master class on photography, film at MANNU
- Guntur: TDP, JSP confirm candidates for 12 out of 17 Assembly seats
- One dead, four injured after a car crashes in Nalgonda
- Vijayawada: Prepare for polls, Daggubati Purandeswari to cadre
- Nellore: Newbies to play tug-of-war in 2024 elections
- Devotional extravaganza with Annamayya Sankeerthanas today
- People against Constitution indulging in negative propaganda: CM
Somireddy counters Jagan foul language against CM
Agriculture Minister Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy on Sunday came down heavily on the YSRCP chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy for exhibiting his uncontrollable urge to become chief minister of the state.
Hyderabad: Agriculture Minister Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy on Sunday came down heavily on the YSRCP chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy for exhibiting his uncontrollable urge to become chief minister of the state.
Addressing media here on Sunday, the minister took strong objection to the usage of “uncultured language” by the YSRCP chief during the party’s plenary. Political criticism by the Opposition is understandable but using ‘foul language’ against the Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu is something that needs to be condemned, he said.
He described the contents of a booklet published by YSRCP as ‘trash’ and said that Jagan alleged that Naidu had indulged in corruption to the tune of Rs 3.75 lakh crore.
Somireddy said that the total budget of the State in last three years come to about Rs 3.60 lakh crore. Out of this, Rs 1.10 lakh crore was the planned budget and asked the YSRCP chief as to from where he had got his figure of Rs 3.75 lakh crore.
The Opposition Leader is known for speaking lies and giving wrong figures, he said.
He termed the allegations of about Rs 1 lakh crore scam in Amaravati lands as baseless. The minister said that even the sale of all the 33,000 acres of land given by the farmers would not yield Rs 1 lakh crore.
Referring to the charges of land scam to the tune of Rs 1 lakh crore in Visakhapatnam, he said that a special investigation team (SIT) was appointed to unearth the role of all those behind the scam.
The minister said Jagan promised to bring back the regime of former chief minister YS Rajasekhar Reddy if voted to power. He should know that as per the NCRB records about 24,000 farmers had committed suicide during 10 years of the Congress rule.
AP had spent more for welfare of women in 13 districts than what YSR had spent for the same in 23 districts of united AP, during his five and half years of his tenure, he said.
Referring to the pending corruption cases against YS Jaganmohan Reddy, the minister questioned the credibility of A1 and A2 accused in 12 corruption cases in bringing a booklet against the Chief Minister.