- SAFF U16 Women’s C'ship: Anushka Kumari nets hat-trick as India thrash Bhutan 7-0
- India expresses deep shock at the loss of lives in northern Gaza
- TN Deepika participates in Gadapa Gadapaku Mana Prabhutvam in Hindupur
- TDP reviews on arrangements for Shankaravam in Kuppam
- GVL Narsimha Rao congratulates National Bodybuilding competition winner in Visakhapatnam
- Yarlagadda Venkata Rao participate in a discussion forum in AB Convention hall in Gannavaram
- Bengaluru Cafe Rocked By Bomb Blast: Investigation Underway
- Two BJP Workers Arrested In Tamil Nadu Extortion Case Linked To Dharmapuram Adheenam
- Young BJP Leader K Annamalai Poised For Lok Sabha Election Debut: A Rising Force In Tamil Nadu Politics
- Collaboration should be our future 'mantra': Kochi-Muziris Biennale co-founder Bose Krishnamachari
Make stand clear on bifurcation promises, TDP to BJP MPs
The BJP government at the Centre is cheating Andhra people by making false promises since last four years, alleged TDP Visakhapatnam South MLA Vasupalli Ganesh Kumar.
Visakhapatnam: The BJP government at the Centre is cheating Andhra people by making false promises since last four years, alleged TDP Visakhapatnam South MLA Vasupalli Ganesh Kumar.
Extending support to the TDP MPs dharna in parliament for not honouring the promises made in AP Reorganisation Act, the MLA on Monday conducted a rally from GVMC to Saraswathi park with a section of people from various quarters in eight bogies under “BJP Express Chestam, Chustam” with a tagline of “4 years late” here on Monday in the city.
Speaking on the occasion, the MLA said the BJP MPs, who had won the elections with Andhra people votes, should make their stand clear on the promises made in the bifurcation act. He asked the BJP MPs to mount pressure on the Central government to protect the interests of the state.
Even after Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu had visited Delhi for 20 times and raised the railway zone issue and other benefits for state, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi did not respond properly, he said. Though Naidu had demanded for Special Category Status(SCS) to the state after bifurcation, however, Modi had offered special package with false assurances, the MLA added.
The BJP government also did not respond properly on the Rs 74,000 crore financial assistance to the state after the bifurcation of the state, he said and even for establishing higher educational institutions also the government did not sanctioned Rs 2,000 crore funds.
If the BJP government did not change its attitude towards in the AP, the people of the state will teach a fitting lesson to BJP similar on lines of Congress party in the ensuing elections, he said.