- Rapid Obesity Surge: India Faces Alarming Projections by 2030
- Google temporarily reinstates all delisted apps after Centre's intervention
- India, Korea can actively contribute to reshaping global order: EAM Jaishankar
- Maulana Siddiqui delaying trial in mass conversion case, UP govt tells Supreme Court
- India story revolves around robust earnings growth: HSBC's Van Der Linde
- LS polls: Congress likely to join hands with AIADMK in Tamil Nadu
- Punjab Budget: No new taxes, silent on Rs 1,000 for women
- BSP decides contest along with BRS in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections
- Britannia Industries Limited announces a One-day Internship to raise awareness about Croissants
- Women on company boards supports good corporate governance: Moody’s
Chandrababu Naidu should support YSRCP no-confidence motion: Jagan
YSR Congress Party president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy on Thursday stated that the TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu should prove his commitment towards the development of the state by supporting the no-confidence motion to be moved by the YSRCP in the parliament on March 21.
Parchuru: YSR Congress Party president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy on Thursday stated that the TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu should prove his commitment towards the development of the state by supporting the no-confidence motion to be moved by the YSRCP in the parliament on March 21.
Speaking to media during his Praja Sankalpa yatra at Santaravuru in Parchuru Assembly constituency on Thursday, Jagan announced that his party has a single agenda for now- Special Category Status (SCS) for the development of Andhra Pradesh.
Reacting on the statements of Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on the SCS and the decision of TDP chief asking his party MPs resign to portfolios in the Union Cabinet, the YSRCP chief said, “If Chandrababu Naidu wants his MPs to move the no-confidence motion earlier than that, we are happy to support them.”
Jagan said, “Arun Jaitley didn’t spoke a new word now. He just reiterated what his party is saying for the long-time. But Chandrababu Naidu, who didn’t oppose the same statement of Jaitley earlier, praised the special package over SCS and changed his stand now.
The credit goes to public and their intense pressure being mounted on the TDP. As he fallen in line now, we are demanding him to move no-confidence motion any time with our support or support us moving the same on March 21.
This shows the people who have honesty, character and credibility.” Responding to a question about the YSRCP forming alliance, Jaganmohan Reddy said, “We have our options open and waiting to see how the political landscape evolves by the time of elections. Our agenda is SCS for the state and we are ready to join hands with the parties who support it.
We are requesting the public to give us the strength of 25 MPs from the state to get SCS easily. If the BJP is not going to accord the SCS, we are not going with it.” After the media conference, Jagan continued his walkathon from Santaravuru and entered Chirala Assembly constituency at Radhakrishna Nagar and reached Vetapalem.