- China agrees to rollover Pakistan’s $2 bn debt on existing terms
- Men can be victims of sexual assault too, observes Kerala High Court
- FM Sitharaman to launch Electronic Data Interchange facility for Customs stations in NE states
- DY Patil T20 Cup: Shikhar Dhawan and Dinesh Karthik's comebacks go in vain as DY Patil Blue lose by one run
- Six personalities named for Akademi Ratna, 92 for Sangeet Natak Akademi awards
- Thousands of devotees take part in 'Palkhi Yatra' at BAPS UAE temple
- Govt to launch 2nd auction of critical mineral blocks on Feb 29
- Amazon aggregator Thrasio files for bankruptcy in US
- Terrorist associate arrested in J&K's Sopore
- IVPL: Munaf Patel shines as Chhattisgarh Warriors thrash Rajasthan Legends by 7 wickets
Farmer attempts suicide over property dispute
A farmer attempted to commit suicide by consuming pesticide at Atmakur on Monday night following a property dispute with his family members. He was first shifted to Atmakur hospital and later shifted to Kurnool General Hospital for better treatment. The victim has been identified as Durgaiah, a native of Atmakur.
Kurnool: A farmer attempted to commit suicide by consuming pesticide at Atmakur on Monday night following a property dispute with his family members. He was first shifted to Atmakur hospital and later shifted to Kurnool General Hospital for better treatment. The victim has been identified as Durgaiah, a native of Atmakur.
It is learnt that the farmer took the extreme step following a property dispute with other members of his family. Durgaiah is the eldest son of Saianna. He also has a younger brother and sister. Saianna who owned some property, provided equal share of the property to both his sons. But Durgaiah was not satisfied with his share.
He picked up a quarrel with his father and younger brother while he was in an inebriated condition on Monday night. The neighbours intervened on the issue and tried to help the family members in finding an amicable solution. But Durgaiah was unhappy with the solution suggested by them and approached the local police station seeking justice.
The police instead of hearing his plea, reportedly thrashed him. Upset over the police action, Durgaiah came out of the police station and consumed a pesticide. He was immediately taken to the hospital at Atmakur and from there he was shifted to the Kurnool General Hospital for better treatment.
Speaking to The Hans India, Atmakur DSP, SV Mohan Reddy, said that there was no truth in the allegation that the police behaved in a rude manner with Durgaiah. He said that Durgaiah instead of extending support to his father and sister, was misbehaving with them. The family members lodged a complaint against him with the police.