- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
We brought SCS to national focus: Vijay Sai Reddy
Reiterating that the Party would extend support to anyone who are in favour of the cause of Special Category Status (SCS), YSR Congress has said
Hyderabad: Reiterating that the Party would extend support to anyone who are in favour of the cause of Special Category Status (SCS), YSR Congress has said that Chandrababu Naidu has been thoroughly exposed for his chameleon nature changing stands with a flick of finger.
Speaking to reporters here on Friday, Party National General Secretary and Rajya Sabha member, V Vijaya Sai Reddy said, we have been relentlessly fighting the for the cause of SCS and it was TDP that has changed colours within minutes.
We have moved the no-trust motion yesterday and had mustered support of various political parties and it was TDP which had reservations to join us as it was still with NDA and now after coming out of the coalition, it had moved the no confidence motion and we are not averse to support anyone who are in favour of SCS, as achieving it is our goal and we have been constant on that stand.
Our Party President YS Jagan Mohan Reddy had written letters to heads of all political parties seeking their support for the no-trust motion and had built up a momentum and had drawn the national attention on this count.
Despite knowing that Chandrababu Naidu is an accused of social, economic and political offences, we still extend support as we want the SCS and the remarks of TDP leaders to join issue with us are not in good taste, he said.
Taking strong objection to the remarks of Chandrababu Naidu and his party leaders about his meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other leaders in Delhi, he said, what is wrong in meeting them. He has no moral right to criticise us as the TDP President has been switching sides and changing tunes and has been buying MLAs. He had also made a mockery of democracy by inducting four of the turncoats into the cabinet.
When I meet the Prime Minister to bring to his notice issues of public importance, what is wrong in it, Vijaya Sai Reddy asked.
Perhaps he was denied appointment by the Prime Minister as Chandrababu Naidus style of functioning was well known to Delhi as well, he said.