- 'Coarse gender discrimination': SC on termination of woman from army on marriage
- Two guarantees to be implemented within a week: Telangana CM
- BJP will not have alliance with any party in Telangana: Kishan Reddy
- Delhi HC allows student to sit for Class 12 board exam, subject to rectifying application deficiencies
- 63 moons Technology ropes in top global firms for cybersecurity foray
- Karnataka HC grants relief to Byju's as investors plan to oust CEO
- Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday
- Gurugram: Man convicted for raping & killing minor girl handed death penalty
- Bengal school job case: Calcutta HC seeks report from ED's Special Director on Partha Chatterjee
- ASIP’s OSAT/ATMP Project launched with Korean JV
Tribals seek alternative road facility
Residents of 11 tribal villages under Garlapadu and Padali gram panchayats in Hira mandal staged a dharna at Garlapadu by preventing Vamsadhara reservoir bund works on Monday.
Srikakulam: Residents of 11 tribal villages under Garlapadu and Padali gram panchayats in Hira mandal staged a dharna at Garlapadu by preventing Vamsadhara reservoir bund works on Monday.
They demandedalternative road facility to their villages to reach mandal headquarters and other areas. Due to reservoir bundway closed for theirvillages, three days ago a person of Bondiguda village under Garlapadu panchayat, Savara Ramesh died of injuries due to delay in admitting hospital because of lack of road facility.
Even108 medical vehicle alsonot reached the village. About 400 tribes of all 11 villages squattedon work site and demanded alternative road before finishing reservoirworks.
On information, Palakonda RDO, Reddy Gunnayya rushed to spot and assured to stop works till alternative way arranged. Sitampeta ITDA Project officer L Shivasankar also assured agitators over the phone. Later the agitators called off their stir.