- TDP will clinch a victory in Nellore with joining of Vemireddy Prabhakar, says Chandrababu
- From Asia to Africa, 'Vishwaguru' India plays a key role in growth of Global South
- Fashion beyond the runway with India’s first fashion festival
- Nifty records all-time high
- International Women’s Day 2024: History, Significance, and Theme
- ‘Vyooham’ review: RGV mark political sattire
- Must take permission before launching AI models, safeguard electoral process: Centre to Big Tech
- 5 Sleep Strategies for Diabetics: Manage Blood Sugar Naturally
- B’luru cafe blast a rehearsal, indicative of impending attacks: BJP leader CT Ravi
- Shveta Rani, the latest dreamer from Alakhpura
YSRCP MPs to quit on Parliament adjournment
YSR Congress has said that its MPs would submit their resignations on the last day of the ongoing budget session even if the schedule is advanced and has asked the TDP MPs to follow suit to send a strong signal to the nation about the Special Category Status (SCS).
Sathenapalli: YSR Congress has said that its MPs would submit their resignations on the last day of the ongoing budget session even if the schedule is advanced and has asked the TDP MPs to follow suit to send a strong signal to the nation about the Special Category Status (SCS).
Speaking to reporters here on Monday after the meeting chaired by the Party President YS Jagan Mohan Reddy with the MPs to chalk out the future course of action, Parliamentary Party leader Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy said, our president has directed to submit the resignations immediately after the House is adjourned sine die, whenever it would be and we need not wait for the April 6 deadline as specified earlier.
The decision was taken in wake of the rapidly changing political developments and the possibility of the Parliament session term being shortened. We should be firm and speak our mind out was what our leader told to the MPs, he said.
Chandrababu Naidu has been toeing the line of our leader YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on the issue and it would be better if TDP MPs too join us in the resignations which will send a strong message across the country on the SCS issue, he said.
Addressing the MPs meeting which was held for 1 hour 45 minutes, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has said that the resignation letters should be in Speakers format only and there need not be any prejudice in the fight for SCS. We have been honest and sincere on the issue from announcing the resignations to the no confidence motion and have placed them before the people.
Our main aim is to highlight our efforts and mount pressure on the Centre to implement the assurances given in the House. We have taken the initiative and even Chandrababu Naidu too had to toe our line as he had no other go, the Leader of Opposition had told the MPs.
The Party MPs have told the meeting that leaders of various national and regional political parties have praised the initiative and strategy of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on the SCS issue, the Nellore MP has said.
Besides Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy, Vara Prasad, V Vijayasai Reddy, YS Avinash Reddy, P Mithun Reddy, YV Subba Reddy, V Prabhakar Reddy and Party Political Secretary Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy also participated in the meeting.